<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, July 04, 2005

Gatwick Airport SpeedBlog 

2:25pm British Summertime 4th July 2005, London Gatwick Airport

This is a bit of a speed-blog, as I have put a pound coin into this terminal and I have exactly 6 minutes left before the connection is terminated. So here goes...

Happy 4th of July for our American readers!

Arrived safely in Gatwick, only 23 hours late. The airline staff (Canadian Affair) were constantly cringing about the delay and were extremely apologetic about the whole thing. I set my watch to UK time as soon as I got on the plane (2 am or so) and spent much of the nine-hour flight dozing off. I didn't watch a single movie, and I didn't eat any of the airline food, as I'm trying to get onto UK time as soon as possible and I don't usually watch movies and eat a full meal at 4am!

Gatwick is busy as expected and it's raining outside. The Rockies seem a long way away and P is just waking up. I'd forgotten how funny pound coins are. And the bank notes look strange to me after a year away. And the place is full of Russians. Maybe it's just me...

So the last leg of my trip is the 16:35 flight to Dublin, then a quick coach to the hotel, then dinner and bed. Hopefully I can get my head down early and knock the jet-lag on the head...

I'll be in touch, blogging from Dublin,

J

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

  • The WeatherPixie


  • Site Meter


    Enter your email address below to subscribe to CarricktoCalgary!


    powered by Bloglet