<$BlogRSDURL$>

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Call for the Haz-Mat Team! (Photo Special) 

Today's been a bit of a disaster so far, in terms of getting things done. I was up at 07:00 or so and spent the morning working at my desk at home, sorting out a few papers and compiling a list of rental agencies for another NI surgeon who is visiting Calgary for a few months next year. I had my Masters in Medical Education class at 12:30pm, so I drove in to get to the Health Sciences Centre a bit early so I could pop into the Library first. However, as soon as I got there the fire alarms started to go off and the whole building was evacuated. My class was supposed to run for 3 hours solid, until 3:30pm, so I thought "no big deal, it'll be 15 minutes until they find the toaster that's been left on or discover the false alarm like usual". I went and got some lunch and called back at 12:45pm but the place was still shut and there was a massive crowd of students and staff milling around outside. And it was still shut at 1pm and 1:30pm. By 2pm they had moved everyone back to safe distance and sealed the area off with yellow tape! It seems that someone had spilled some acid in one of the labs in the basement, so the fire and Haz-Mat teams had turned up and roped the whole place off. It's 4:45pm now and it's still sealed off! Plus, the traffic around the hospital has been snarled up all afternoon because they sealed off part of the road outside the building where all the buses come through! Anyway, hopefully the car park will be available shortly, as I'm leaving at 5:40 or so to go to my first skating class of the winter. I'm planning on falling over a lot, as I haven't been on skates for 6 months or so, but I should get the hang of it again fairly quick.

In other news, Dr Robson's Fantasy Footie side, Bow Valley Wanderers have been tearing their way up the chart and are now ahead of Athletica Athabasca, Milebush United and the Head-Smashed-In Buffaloes! Only Chalkie's All-Stars to beat before P is Queen of the Losers!

Before I go, here are some miscellaneous photos we've been meaning to put on the blog:


Who is that mysterious stranger?


This is what half a pig looks like


Home-made oatmeal biccies


This is what half a pig and a whole lamb look like stuffed into our freezer!

As you can see, we're busy stockpiling meat for the winter - it's gonna be a long one, or so they say! $200 for the lamb and $240 for the piggy!

J

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

  • The WeatherPixie


  • Site Meter


    Enter your email address below to subscribe to CarricktoCalgary!


    powered by Bloglet