<$BlogRSDURL$>

Monday, September 12, 2005

Winter's On Its Way 

Well, it's September the 14th and the summer is officially over. There was heavy snowfall west of here at the weekend, 50cm in Crowsnest Pass which brought down power lines and took almost 4,000 houses off the electricity grid. And looking west this morning, there is a lot of fresh snow on the Rockies:


Winter Wonderland

The temperatures have also started to dip down, only 1 degree this morning although we're still getting up into the teens during the day. We're counting the weeks until our own first snowfall now - if it's the same as last year, it'll be sometime in mid-October, a good excuse for a Curry Party if I ever heard one! The Weather Channel is forecasting a colder-than-normal winter too, so maybe we're in for a Real Canadian Winter Experience this year... At least the skiing and snowboarding should be good! I have invested my birthday money in a winter season pass for the C.O.P., which means I can pop in anytime from November to March and board for free. As it's on the way home from work, this means I will hopefully get to go a few times a week and start to build up my snowboarding skills! I've also enrolled for adult ice-skating again this fall, and will be in the Intermediate class now. If I can work on my crossovers and backwards skating, I might go for the Ice Hockey for Beginners class in January! So, I guess I'm looking forward to winter!

Much more blogging to follow!

J

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

  • The WeatherPixie


  • Site Meter


    Enter your email address below to subscribe to CarricktoCalgary!


    powered by Bloglet